"Among the world's most treasured gifts, among it's most precious pearls, God smiles upon the earth, and gives us little girls. "



Friday, March 05, 2010

Another Maia-ism

Well, it's been a while since I've posted any of Maia's quotable quotes. But this one was just to great to pass up. So here is the set-up to this conversation.
Maia and I have been having several conversations about sin and sort of defining what sin is. This is all at her prompting, by the way. Anyway, she's asking a lot of questions about specific situations, wanting to know what is and isn't sin. Needless to say, she's still a little confused. She is 4 after all.
So, the other night, I'm cleaning off our coffee table and she is interfering with the process. I tell her to stop and she doesn't. Here is the conversation:

Mar: "Maia, I told you to stop. When you don't do what I tell you to do, you're being disobedient. Being disobedient is a sin."

Maia: "Oh, sorry. I forgot not to sin."


Well, if that doesn't describe the mindset of all of humanity, I'm not sure what does. I sure do love this little girl, and love that she is already so inquisitive about God and His ways. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for giving me this precious child. I pray I will bring glory to You as I attempt to raise her in a holy fashion, while living in an unholy world.

2 comments:

Beverly Dillow said...

Maia and Josie are blessed to have such a sweet mommy teaching them the wonderful things of the Lord! You are doing a great job!!!

Ryan Alexander said...

HA! Love it and I think Peyton has the world's shortest memory.