"Among the world's most treasured gifts, among it's most precious pearls, God smiles upon the earth, and gives us little girls. "



Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Welcome to the world, Kyra!

Better late than never, is the Reed family motto. It's not intentional. Just the way things usually work out. So, four months after her grand entrance into the world, Kyra makes her first official appearance to our blog!


Kyra Dean Reed was born September 28, 2011 at 6:20 a.m. She weighed 8 lbs 15 oz and was 21 inches long.
That happens to be the exact same weight and height as her big sister, Maia. :)

As with the birth of our other two daughters, I took one look at her and thought, "you look just like your daddy." And with that, my heart was hers. At the time of this post she is now four months old. Other then when she's really tired, or tired of being in her bed, her disposition seems to be one of calmness and contentment. Which is funny, because I feel like the Lord was teaching me much about contentment while I was expecting her. (I'll write more about that later...)

Thank you, thank you, thank you, precious Lord, for giving us another daughter to love. As always, we commit her to you and pray you will guide us each day as we attempt to teach her Your ways and point her to You. I pray she would grow to be a woman that is hungry for You, who loved her first and loves her most.


2 comments:

Joel said...

What a blessing!!

Joel said...

What s blessing!!