"Among the world's most treasured gifts, among it's most precious pearls, God smiles upon the earth, and gives us little girls. "



Thursday, May 14, 2009

Maia-isms

Several times a week, Maia will say something that will have Robert and I just cracking up or staring at each other in disbelief.
So here is the first of what I am sure is to be many installments of her "quotable quotes"

Setting: Some friends were over and the dad was outside with their three children and my two children while the mom and I were inside, giving her a haircut (me giving, her receiving). Their seven week old baby was crying and this is the conversation that followed...

Maia: Why is she crying?
Kevin: Because she is hungry.
Maia: My mom has milk in her twittles, maybe she could feed her.
Kevin: Well Mrs. Elizabeth has milk in her twittles too so she can probably feed her.

People, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what "twittles" are. So evidently Maia is signing me up to be a wet nurse.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Marty Alexander said...

Love it! I am glad we could pass the "twittles" name on to you. Tell Maia her Aunty M has lots of other things to teach her too, if she will just come to my house for a visit. :)

Marleah said...

Yes, thanks for your imaginative vocabulary for the human anatomy. Robert said, "you better tell Marty that 'twittles' has gone public."

Robert said...

I always thought it was "twiddles".

Marty Alexander said...

I am totally cool with "twittles" being public as long as it not MY "twittles."

Marty Alexander said...

Well, if you actually want to get technical it's twittle-a-dees. Twittles for short.