"Among the world's most treasured gifts, among it's most precious pearls, God smiles upon the earth, and gives us little girls. "



Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Maia

On May 18th, Maia celebrated her 5th birthday. It's incredibly hard to believe that it's been 5 years since this child came into our lives and changed it in ways we never thought possible. We have our moments, like every mother and daughter for sure. But there isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't bring a smile to my face and make me laugh. Or that she doesn't teach me so much about my relationship with my Heavenly Father.
It would take days to list all the many things that I love about her. But in honor of her 5th birthday, I thought about five of my favorite things right now.
I do love you sweet Maia and feel so blessed that Almighty God chose me to be your momma. Thank you for bringing so much joy into my life.


1. I love that she tapes together a rock and a piece of sidewalk chalk and calls it a sculpture.
2. I love that if I randomly begin singing a song from Air 1, she chimes in and sings every word right along with me.
3. I love that she refers to her little sister as "my baby."
4. I love that she is so inquisitive and is constantly asking me questions about why I'm doing what I'm doing. Yes it can get tiresome, but I still love it!
5. I love that she sings her prayers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: