Back in May I did what every good mother does; leaves the hubby and kids at home to go drool over the most talented former contestant American Idol ever had. And I don't mean Chris Sligh.
That's all true but there is more to this story.
In May, for my 33rd (yes you read that correctly) birthday, I headed on a plane to Nashville to see my dearest bud Marty. Sweet Robert stayed behind with the girls, so she and I could get our girl time on, and I will be forever grateful. I did miss them of course. But I admit, it was a nice break. Maia is 5 and Josie 2, and I have never left them for more than a day for something that wasn't ministry related. So, I think I did my time!
Anyway, in February, Marty told me that Daughtry was going to be in TN on May 30th and she would by my ticket for my birthday if I would come. Long-short, booked me a ticket to Nash and 3 months later, we're sitting a mere 40 yards away from the stage in Bridgestone Arena. May I just take a moment to say - BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!
I promise I'm not just saying this, but it was truly one of the best concerts I've ever been too. Cavo and Lifehouse opened for Daughtry. Oh, and did I mention Kelly Clarkson comes out to do a little duet with Chris? Four words: Acoustic, center stage, fabulous.
To see for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbtJzcpl0DU

Here are a few pics from the concert.
I'm so grateful to Rob for watching our girls so I could have some quality time with my dear friend. And it really was a great visit. Marty is my friend because she gets me, she knows me, she accepts me in all my weirdness and offensive ways. I really hate that we can't live closer to each other, and thereby preventing us from seeing each other as often as we'd like. But it really makes the time that much sweeter when we are together.
I love you dear friend. Thanks for being you and for loving me.

No comments:
Post a Comment