"Among the world's most treasured gifts, among it's most precious pearls, God smiles upon the earth, and gives us little girls. "



Monday, August 23, 2010

Kinder Kid

We knew this day would come. We didn't think it would come so fast. Today, Maia began kindergarten. Cue: racing heart, stinging eyes, tears streaming down face. And I don't mean Maia.

She was super excited and we were excited for her. But yes, as soon as I exited the building, bring on the water-works.
Why, you ask? I've pondered the same thought many times over the past several weeks. Yes, it's a milestone. Yes, she's my first-born. But the truth is, her world of influence just suddenly grew exponentially. That's hard as a parent. Especially as a parent who is a believer. I know we live in a sin-cursed world and I can't shield that from her. Nor am I supposed too. I'm trying to teach her to show Jesus to a world that is dying. But the selfish part of me wants to hide her from the evil she will be exposed to for the first time, such as racism or bullying, or who knows what else. I'm having to rest in my God's sovereignty right now, in a different way than ever before. He's in control of her little life. Not me. As she begins this new journey, I pray He will use her life for His glory, and that He will show her parents how to best equip her for that task.





I bought this Jansport backpack for $4 last December. Regular price - $40! Not too shabby.



Patiently waiting



Understand why I might be a little nervous???!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: