I feel grateful that Robert is the father of Maia and Josie. I say to people all the time that Robert is the perfect dad for little girls, and it's true. Even though he wasn't raised with girls, he has learned pretty quickly how to deal with all the mood swings and drama that comes from parenting daughters. As we continue to raise them, I know he'll continue to be a source of strength for me and a calming presence. He's very laid back and patient, and I'm not. (thought the Lord is dealing with me about that and I'm trying!)
Thanks Rob, for being a godly father to our daughters. I couldn't ask for a better man to lead our family.
My dad with four of his five kiddos (my bro Sam not pictured)
In addition to my husband, I'm also grateful for my dad, David. He's so funny and honestly a little quirky! Amy and I crack up all the time at little things he does that are funny and odd and just "David."
He's also one of the most godly men I know. He is so faithful to our Lord, and is someone who is in constant fellowship with Him. A few years ago, he saw some of the darkest days in his life as a believer, and not once did he blame God or turn from Him or become bitter. It was such a huge testament as to what kind of follower of Christ he really is.
Daddy, thank you for being such a godly influence in the lives of your children, and grandchildren, and everyone you come in contact with. I love you dearly.

No comments:
Post a Comment