"Among the world's most treasured gifts, among it's most precious pearls, God smiles upon the earth, and gives us little girls. "



Friday, November 19, 2010

Pint-size Picasso

Earlier in the week, Maia got in some serious trouble for drawing on a wall in our living room. She hasn't done that in a very long time because she is certainly old enough to know that is a bad decision. If she didn't know it before, she knows now.

So, you can imagine my surprise when just a few days later I walk into the room and see her drawing with a dry erase marker, on one my bowls, that just moments earlier was full of grapes. Fortunately this was not a bowl that was the family heirloom type. In fact, I think I got it for free - used. But the point was that she was once again drawing on something that was not meant to be drawn on, and something that didn't belong to her. Needless to say, I immediately began to feel my pulse quicken. I chose not to say anything at that exact moment, for fear I would have to apologize later. Instead I just grabbed the bowl and took it straight to the kitchen to see if there was any hope of getting the marker off. When I picked up the dish sponge and looked at the bowl, this is what I saw:





Seriously? Well, my anger quickly dissipated. I know she probably should've been in trouble. But I let it slide. Guess I had a moment of weakness... :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ryan Alexander said...

Love it!! Unfortunately, I probably would have been apologizing.