"Among the world's most treasured gifts, among it's most precious pearls, God smiles upon the earth, and gives us little girls. "



Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Adopted

"For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost."
Luke 19:10
 
This is the verse that led to a life-changing discussion I had with Maia. We were studying and memorizing this verse for AWANA clubs that week. I asked Maia if she knew what the verse meant by "lost." When she told me no, I explained it meant those who needed to trust in Jesus as their Savior.  Then she said, "I've done that but you and Daddy won't let me get baptized."
 
There have been several times over the past year or so, when she would hint at being interested but then would quickly move on.  We knew when she was ready she'd let us know and so we tried very deliberately not to push her into this decision. 
 
But on the night of October 17, 2012, I knew the time had come.  I walked her through the simple ABC's of salvation, and there on her bed, our precious Maia asked Christ to be her Savior.
There is no greater joy for a believing parent, than to know that your child has made this most important decision and has the assurance of Salvation.
 
As I was  thanking God for this over the next several days that followed, many songs would come to mind. But one in particular kept popping up. Phil Wickham's This is the Day, to me, epitomizes this moment in a person's life. It's so fun and biblically sound.  I encourage you as you're watching the video to turn up the sound, really listen to the words and think about the day of your own salvation. Praise Him for it, because He's worthy!
Thank you, sweet Jesus, for dying on the cross for my sins, for my daughter's sins, for the sins of all mankind.  We don't deserve an ounce of your unmerited favor, which makes it all the more precious.
Thanks for loving us so perfectly. 

1 comment:

Beverly Dillow said...

Marleah, I love your post and I love the video. What a precious little girl you have and what a special mommy you are! What an amazing God we have!!!