Obviously, we made a decision that public school is what was best for our family. But it was a difficult one to say the least. Over the course of the year, the Lord affirmed our decision several times over. He's given me many opportunities to teach Maia about His love, using her classmates. Thank you, Jesus, for this gift and opportunity. May I never waste it.
Last day of school - May 2011
First day of school - August 2010
This was Maia's teacher, Mrs. Meador. She was very truly an answer to prayer. Going into completely unknown territory, the only thing I knew to do was to pray God would put Maia with the teacher that would be most suited to her personality and teaching needs. He answered our prayer through Mrs. Meador and we were so grateful. She and Maia formed a quick bond. And though she never gave Maia special treatment, I know she developed a little partiality towards her. Here is a quote from an email she sent me at the end of school, regarding Maia:
"Maia has also been amazing to have. I can't believe how creative, smart, loving, faithful, responsible and mature she is for a 6 year old. You have taught her well! She is always reminding us what Jesus wants us to do. It is so precious to hear. .. I can only hope my daughters will be like her."

No comments:
Post a Comment