"Among the world's most treasured gifts, among it's most precious pearls, God smiles upon the earth, and gives us little girls. "



Thursday, June 30, 2011

Locks of Love

Earlier this year, Maia began telling me she wanted her hair cut short like when she was younger. I've never been attached to hair, so my feeling of reluctance caught me by surprise. But, it's her hair, and within reason, she can do what she wants. I kept telling her to continue to think about it, because I wanted to make sure she knew what she was asking for. I mentioned donating her hair to Locks of Love, showing her pictures online and explaining what they did. That was the final sale for her. This girl has a very compassionate heart and so that next week, I finally consented and cut 9+ inches off her hair.
Of course it looked so cute and we all loved it. Now, fast forward 5 months, she's already decided she wants to grow her hair back out. But she has wonderful hair and my prayer is she will continue to want to grow, cut, and donate. Grow, cut, and donate. Something of that nature.

Before...




Posted by Picasa

No comments: